Title?! A whole lot of blabbing..

5.24.2010

Things are happening quickly.

I'm going to Maine in two days to visit my very best friend.
In two weeks my baby sister graduates from High School and then we have our graduation party.
In a little less than a month, Alivia and I will be in Manhattan for six weeks dancing our little hearts out.

Where has time gone?
It seems like I always want time to move quickly in order to make it through a certain event (freshman year, 21st birthday, graduation). Now is the time when I wish I had a slow motion button on my remote. The next few months are never going to happen again, and I only hope that I have the chance to savor every moment.

Two days ago at my best friend Erica's graduation party, we were reminiscing about her 16th birthday party. Only I couldn't remember being there. I know I was, but I couldn't picture myself there. For some reason other events were all blurring together in my memory. Then we got to talking and I said, "This is awful, I bet when we're 40 I won't remember being at this party." It really scared me. Sooo what do I do?

People are always saying that once you turn 21 and graduate college, there isn't much to look forward to. However, this is what I've been waiting my whole life for. A chance to do pretty much whatever I want. Not that I couldn't before. But now I don't have to worry about school and all the other things that got in my way before. I'm free to wonder. Explore. I could go on a trip across the country and never set a time frame if I wanted..

However, I know that is not going to happen. I'm way to goal oriented and organized to be that carefree. Although it would be nice. I guess a good compromise would be to have some structure without feeling like my brain will explode. That's literally how it has felt for as long as I can remember.

This isn't really what I had anticipated blogging about, but hey, I guess it's kind of my new way of thinking..

Go with the flow.

(I better start keeping a better scrapbook and buy a camera!)

No comments:

ShareThis