a little bit on Happiness

5.28.2013

 photo separator.jpg
Every once in a while, I find myself wondering where my life is taking me. What has made me happy and why? Am I on track to finding my own happiness? When I'm not forcing it or searching, that's when I find myself happy, content and exhaling with a smile because I'm at peace with who I am, what I'm accomplishing and the people I am surrounded by. One of my most favorite college professors posted this quote today and I just thought I would share this little bit of wisdom with you. Maybe it will give you a little push in the right direction, or affirmation that you're on your way to reaching your true happy place.


"Those only are happy who have their minds fixed on some object other than their own happiness: on the happiness of others, on the improvement of mankind, even on some art or pursuit followed not as a means, but as itself an ideal end. Aiming at something else, they find happiness by the way."
-John Stuart Mill

No comments:

ShareThis