The Birthday Week

5.06.2013

 photo separator.jpg


Since my birthday fell on the weekend of our longest dance competition (in the history of my existence), my sweet mother allowed me to stretch out the celebration over the course of this week.

My actual birthday started with a 5:30 wake up, a delicious hot coffee and many notifications of sweet birthday messages. In the dressing room, I was surprised with a giant cake, balloons, singing, a few held back years and many hugs. I am so grateful for my dance family and all that they did to make my day so special. The younger ones kept reminding me that their gift was to dance their hardest with big smiles and lots of cuteness. Precious.

The week ended with a family dinner, oreo ice cream cake and thoughtful gifts. Today I am taking down the handmade birthday signs that hang all over the house, and hanging them up in my room. My family might be sick of seeing them, but I surely am not.






No comments:

ShareThis