weekend recap

7.31.2012

Photobucket

This is the first time I've turned on my laptop in three days. And I don't mind. Sometimes I just need a break from the fast-paced technology world and remember what it's like to enjoy life without constant tweets, emails and facebook updates. Sometimes I just need a little more simplicity.

Thank you all for your sweet anniversary wishes. Friday night we enjoyed a super late but delicious dinner, reminisced on the last five years (like dorks) and finished the night with some chocolate covered strawberries & bananas! Yum.

Saturday was terribly gloomy, so we settled on chinese take-out, beer and cuddling on the couch watching movies in our sweats. It was just what we needed! Sunday, we drove to Nassau, New York for my dad's side of the family's annual picnic. It's always a good time and promises endless amounts of Italian food, the most competitive bocce tournament you've ever seen (our team came in second for the second year in a row!!!) and probably some rain.
Because it always rains.

My only wish for this weekend was to get a photo of him and I because after looking through old photos of us, I noticed that we hadn't taken a single picture in 2012. Well, we had taken like two actually, but gosh were they terrible, blurry messes. I told him that we had to get a least one good snapshot of us at the picnic.. and we did ^^ see?!


Boy, I sure do like that kid.

2 comments:

Amanda Schroeder said...

Yeah, you're cute. Sometimes Chinese food and lazy-ing it up watching movies is just the way to go. So is the technology break. I love those.

Freya Lily said...

You just made me want Chinese so badly! Congrats too!

ShareThis