Here and there.

1.23.2014

 photo separator.jpg
I've been sick for almost a week now with some kind of flu/cold and every day is different. The first day it was the body aches, days two-three it was the nasty sore throat, four & five were non-stop nose blowing and today.. it's a little bit of everything. I guess that's what I get for working with kids.. and filling my schedule to the brim.


So from now until June, expect to see everything dance related. Here, on instagram, etc. There are many things I love about this crazy time of year. The excitement over costumes, seeing how hard the students work before their performances, planning routines, making hairpieces, spending entire weekends (literally) at competitions.. mmm sometimes not so much. But if I had no choice but to be trapped in a high school auditorium, going days without seeing the sun, I wouldn't ever pick a different bunch to be there with.


It is the busiest time of year for us dance teachers and I'm sure most of them would agree, that the day after their last recital is relaxing, yet oddly the most depressing day of the year. Extreme performance high to seriously boring low. My mind and body go into shock because for the last six months it was "sew that, glue this, do that dance again, pointe your foot.. your whole foot, pick this up, drop that off there, write that down, lists, lists, lists, programs, go, stop, dance, drive, backstage, dressing room, you forgot your prop, WHERE'S YOUR HAIRPIECE?? ..."

you get the point..

So buckle up and prepare yourself for my crazy speratic posts about dance teacher nightmares, costumes, glitter explostions and sewing disasters.

Oh wait.. am I already doing that?

Thought so..




No comments:

ShareThis